Ingredients in Eyelash Adhesive and Eyelash Glue
Eyelash glue or adhesive is equally important when choosing your semi-permanent lashes. It holds your lashes in place and ensures that you are not embarrassed by the state of your lashes. Though you only glue the back of the lashes to your lids, you should at least know the ingredients of your glue.
Most eyelash glue may have the following ingredients:
• Water- is a universal solvent that is made of 1 part oxygen atom and 2 parts hydrogen atom. This is the easiest ingredient to find since this is available everywhere.
• Rubber Latex- is non vulcanized rubber that can be synthetically made through polymerizing an atom as styrene mixed with surfactants (or compounds that can help in lowering surface tension of liquid.) A lot of people are allergic to rubber latex so make sure that you are not before using.
• Cellulose Gum-also known as carboxymethyl cellulose or cmc. It is used as a constituent for the adhesive and is known to be hypo-allergenic, non-toxic and has high viscosity. It is the same material being used as a lubricant for eye drops.
• Bentone LT-is an organically modified additive designed to be used in doing the water phase of the cosmetics. It ca provide higher viscosity than any other clay-based additives. It is non-irritant, non-abrasive and gives a silky smooth feel to personal care products and cosmetics.
• Sodium Lauryl Sulfate- is an anionic surfactant used in may household products. It is not carcinogenic or doesn’t cause cancer when consumed or directly applied to skin though there are several instances when it is known to cause skin irritation with prolonged use.
• Methylparaben- is a known anti-fungal agent usually used in personal care products and cosmetics. It is found in several fruits like blueberries and is generally regarded as safe for both cosmetic and food antibacterial preservation. It is completely biodegradable as it can be metabolized readily by common soil bacteria.
• Ammonium Hydroxide- acts as an antimicrobial agent and as one of the building blocks for synthesis for pharmaceutical and other products. It is both hazardous and caustic. The use of this should be regulated properly.
• Iron Oxides-is a chemical composed of both oxygen and iron and has 16 different uses depending on needs. For cosmetics, it is used to produce various colors through tints and pigments. It is ideally additive especially for eye make ups.